Sweet Berry Bruschetta
As I’m not a huge fan of tomatoes, most bruschettas don’t appeal very much to me. This one, however, looks quite tasty and flavorful; at the very least, it’s worth a try just to mix things up and avoid another tomato bruschetta recipe.
- 1 12- to 14-inch long crusty baguette, sliced 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick
- Cinnamon and sugar
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Zest of 1/2 lemon (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- Berries for topping (pomegranate seeds, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- Fresh mint for garnish, if desired
- Lightly butter one side of each baguette slice and place butter side up on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Toast the bread slices under the oven broiler until golden brown (but not burned – watch closely!). It should only take 1-2 minutes to toast perfectly. Remove from oven and let the bread slices cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon zest, powdered sugar and yogurt and whisk to combine well.
- Spread a tablespoon or so of the sweet cream cheese mixture on each toasted bread slice.
- Top with berries of your choice and fresh mint, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve (up to 2 hours – after that the bread slices may get a little soft).
Recipe from melskitchencafe, via fattiesdelight