At Meghan’s last benefit concert, the Chus made these absolutely fantastic Oreo cupcakes. I never thought I’d find the recipe for them, so me and mom enjoyed a couple of the magnificent creations and raved over them. And then here I am, on Tumblr, and what do I see but the very cupcakes I’d eaten a few months ago! Needless to say, this is an instant reblog.
- 1 package Oreo Cookies, regular size
- 1 package Mini Oreo Cookies, for decoration (optional)
- 1 package dark chocolate fudge cake mix (mix according to directions on box)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. (176 degrees in Celsius). Mix packaged cake mix according to directions (do not bake).
- Line cupcake tins with liner, place a regular size Oreo cookie in the bottom of each liner. Take 1/2 of remaining cookies and chop coarsely and add to cake mix. Fill the cupcake tins. Bake for 15 minutes (or according to box directions). While cupcakes are baking make the frosting.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla, then add powdered sugar slowly until blended well.
- Chop remaining regular-sized Oreos very fine (I put the cookies in the food processor instead of trying to chop them up super fine and it worked out really well). Add to frosting.
- After cupcakes have cooled frost and decorate with Mini Oreos.
Recipe from instructables.com, via momzynoor