Any alternative to an omelette for breakfast that still involves cheese, veggies, and eggs sounds like it’s worth a try, right?
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3-4 large eggs
- Splash of milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 8-inch tortillas
- 6 tablespoons crumbled Mexican cheese such as cotija
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salsa, for serving
- Sliced avocado, for serving
- In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a fork and stir in a splash of milk.
- Add the eggs to the pan with the onion and scramble, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm the tortillas for about 20 seconds in the microwave. Top each tortilla with half of the cheese.
- Divide the eggs between the tortillas and layer over the cheese. Top with the cilantro, salsa, and avocado as desired. Fold up the tortillas and serve immediately.
Recipe inspired by Spoon With Me, via qualityrecipes