Goat Cheese and Tomato Salsa Bruschetta:
I can’t say that I’ve ever tried bruschetta, and honestly, I’m really not a big fan of tomatoes, but I feel like this is the sort of thing that mom might like. Or that might make a really fancy appetizer for a fancy occasion.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 French baguette
- 8 ounces Goat cheese (room temperature)
- Mix tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, onion, basil, vinegar and oil in a mixing bowl. (Marinate for several minutes.)
- Slice baguette into 1/2-inch think rounds.
- Toast in a preheated 250 degree oven on a baking sheet until slightly brown.
- Spread with Goat Cheese and top with a spoonful of tomato salsa.
Recipe from Spoon and Chair, via slender-wishes