Pasta Twists with Broccoli Sauce
Pasta and broccoli - two of my favorite things, put together? Yes please! And as if it couldn’t get better, look at that sauce with the herbs and the cheese! Not sure how I feel about including the red pepper, so I may very well omit that.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium stalks broccoli
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 3/4 pound pasta twists (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion.
- Separate the broccoli tops from the stems, cut the stems and tops into bite-size pieces. Coarsely chop the red bell pepper.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until Al Dente, 10 to 12 minutes, or chording to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, warm of 1 Tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the garlic onion mixture and stir-fry until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon oil, the broccoli tops and stems, the bell pepper, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan and bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the vegetables and sauce. Serve with warm Italian bread.
Recipe from momswhothink, via qualityrecipes